Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 20, 2013

Now is the month of Maying

It has been a crazy month for us. We kicked it off with Spencer's birthday on the first. Several birthday parties at the Grandparent's and our house happened. I am pretty sure he ate the equivalent of an entire cake himself...and LOVED it.
Birthday maccaroni. This kid LOVES pasta.

Train cake made by Mom
Cousins with birthdays 3 days apart
Mmmm, chocolate frosting. Thanks Grandma Anderson!
The boys in their birthday outfits. They love the kitty.
We had our one year old check-up. He is over the 95th percentile for his height. I can't remember for his weight, but it was in the upper 80s. The doctor was impressed with how smart he is. He is walking proficiently and can stand up all by himself. He also says "What's that?" ALL the time. It is really cute and very clearly understandable. He had immunizations that he had a really bad reactions to. One week of fevers, onset of a rash, the rash cleared up, came back with another rash and severe itchiness, followed by a swollen injection site and sore muscles. Poor kid and poor Mom and Dad. I didn't appreciate how good of a sleeper Spencer is, but this last month of him not feeling good and being up in the night had made me so grateful for how well he sleeps.

The only time he sits still enough to cuddle. Someone needs a haircut.
Celebrated Cinco de Mayo with the best churros yet. Both of our Mom's had birthdays. We had an anniversary (with a sick baby all we did was go to the temple to do sealings because I couldn't bear to leave him for too long, but it was fun to have the sealer who had sealed us 3 years ago be the one there that night). Mother's day we gave talks in sacrament meeting on...wait for it....following the prophet. I thought we did a good job at tying it in though. My parents came to watch Spencer for us and Spencer called Dad on the stand using Grandpa's phone. Luckily it was on vibrate.

Spencer was upset we didn't have a pinata.
We have been trying to stay on top of getting our house and yard in order, but with our callings and jobs keeping us busy sometimes I don't quite make it. We are ok having a less than spotless house though. We bought a swamp cooler that we have yet to put in, but I am excited to have it set up so we can use the garage as a playspace. Our food storage is all organized in the garage. My dad had some shelves for files at the office that he was going to throw away and being the packrat that I am I kept them and turned them into this...
Behold, Food Storage galore

I love it. And Nathan admits that although he had his doubts about keeping the shelves, he really likes how they worked for the food storage.

Nathan got picked up by the school district for extended school year, so we feel very blessed that he will have some extra paychecks this summer. I am a little sad that we won't get to have as much time together, but we love provident living. I am getting ready for Girls Camp this summer. Our ward went rappelling this weekend with the girls to help teach them their knots and have a little fun. I can tie a bowline like a pro now.
Rappelling at Red Rock

The Davis family reunion is this weekend and we are super excited to have some family time.



Her is a funny Spencer-ism for you. He has started throwing all of our black shoes in the bathtub. He has done it several times now and it is just our black shoes. I don't know why. I wish I could understand some of his little jabberings when he really gets talking so I could understand how his little thought process works, but it is funny none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment