Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Heaven

Last week, I was making a new quiet book for Spencer with pictures of our family for him to look at during church meetings. I stumbled upon this quote.
I have been thinking about this lots during the week and I couldn't agree more.

Last night as we drove into our driveway, Spencer excitedly said "Home!". I love that he recognizes his home and is excited to be here. He will often, when he is sad or not feeling well, when we are out running errands, at church or visiting family take me by the hand and announce "Home".


I have been blessed to be able to stay at home more with Spencer and I only have to go to work for a few hours each week. I have loved my time at home with him. We miss Dad during the day though. Spencer usually asks about Dad at least once a day. He loves having both of his parents home with him.

I really love my home, even if it is sometimes exhausting trying to keep up with all the yard and housework.  Sometimes I worry that our home is a little small for all the spirits we want to fill it with, but Nathan reminds me how good we felt about buying this house and that just because the world tells us that we need a big house so that kids can have their own rooms and such, it is just not true. We were wise in purchasing something we could afford, have room to grow, but is not too big for us now.


All this thinking about home led me to think on my home growing up. I was really sad when my parents moved. I loved the home I grew up in. We had awesome neighbors, a fabulous large yard (especially for Vegas), and so many memories. I thought that the new house could never feel like home to me, especially since it would not be my home (as I had already moved out at this point). Now however, the new house is home and when I drive past my childhood home, I no longer feel a connection to it. In fact, it makes me sad because the people living there now have not taken care of it. Spencer loves "Ma-ma's" house and we will make many new memories in that house.


I am looking forward to General Conference this weekend, when I can listen to prophets of God tell me what I need to do to make my home more like heaven. I love that through the miracle of technology we can invite these leaders into our homes and feel of their spirit there.

 
This primary song puts it beautifully. I love the simple way that primary songs teach us profound truths.

Lastly, enjoy this inspiring hymn that has become one of my favorites. How grateful I am for the plan of salvation that provides a way for us to return to our heavenly home and the loved ones that make it home. 
When we meet ne'er to part,

Oh, what songs of the heart

We shall sing in our beautiful home.
Oh, that I might live worthy of that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment