Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 11, 2011

Warm Hearts and Cold Toes

Warning: Sappiness ahead.
So, for those of you who may not catch on to the obvious fairly quickly, I have the best husband ever. Others may make claims, but let's be honest. It's pretty hard to beat Nathan and he does it effortlessly. A few things recently that have made me appreciate him more:

-He has been looking forward to going out to breakfast at the Maple Leaf Cafe since before I left on my road trip. We had agreed to go last Saturday, but I forgot and decided that I wanted to start our Christmas shopping and eat at Sweet Tomatoes. He was sad I had forgotten but agreed to go with me and forgo his dreams of delicious chicken fried steak. I decided no I would not be selfish and we would keep our original plans (even though I really wanted to Christmas shop), but he told me that we had tons of breakfast food in the fridge that needed to be used and he didn't want it to go to waste and that the Maple Tree would wait. I think he just wanted to make me happy without making me feel selfish. I will take you there soon honey.
-He goes shopping with me all the time, even though I know it secretly drives him batty. I have a very unique way of shopping that I learned from my mom. We are bargain hunters. Hunting out just the right price requires skill and patience. You have to check every clearance aisle and every ad and sift through everything on every rack to find just the right price. Then to top it all off I am not a very good decision maker so I agonize over every purchase and take forever. He used to ask "Are we done yet?" but now he just smiles as he holds up a recently found clearance treasure and asks if I like it. I love having him with me. Most husbands would kiss you and send you on your merry way so they could do man stuff while you were out shopping for hours on end. I am such a lucky girl. AND he has become such a good hunter. Just a few from last Saturday.
Yep, We are pretty much awesome together and yes we saved over $300.
-He gets up super early to leave for school each morning and never complains when his wife is too tired to get up and get his lunch ready for him. He quietly makes it himself and kisses me on the forehead on his way out the door. Sometimes even when I try to get up and do it for him he sends me back to bed and tells me that me sleeping is more of a help to him than making lunch could be. His arguments make no sense in the light of day but in the wee morning hours I am like..ok yeah, I'll just go back to bed. Tricky husband.
-This morning he made me delicious breakfast in bed since I had the morning off. We have yet to turn the heat on in our house and the kitchen is by far the coldest room in the house. By the time he had finished cooking and came to eat with me his toes were like icicles. He tried to keep them away from me even though I has been storing up a little pocket of heat while he has been in the cold kitchen. He told me he didn't want to steal my heat. Guess what I do every night folks, that's right I use him to warm up my cold toes. Just ask my sisters or Megan. If you ever share a covers with me it will be your fate too. I have heat seeking missiles instead of toes. He deserved that heat but refused to take it.
He is the best husband and is going to be an award-winning Dad. Sister Dalton said so in conference. 'This morning I would like to speak to our sons and to all fathers. How can a father raise a happy, well-adjusted daughter in today’s increasingly toxic world? The answer has been taught by the Lord’s prophets. It is a simple answer, and it is true—“The most important thing a father can do for his [daughter] is to love [her] mother.”'
Nathan, I love and appreciate all that you do for me and our family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh GAG! just kidding :) You two are adorable and I hope that the sappiness never goes away! Well done Nathan, if Drew ever slips I may send him down to Nathan for a refresher course...

    ReplyDelete