Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Deals To Me!

Yesterday, since Nathan had a short day at school, we decided that I would drop him off and get some errands run while he was in class. I have finally started showing so some maternity pants were a necessary item on the menu. Nathan thinks the baby is "tired of getting squished". So off I went to shop. I love finding good deals and thrift stores are a good place to start. At my first stop I miraculously found a pair of brand-new, tags-still-on cute pants. It was too good to be true. Could they possibly be my size? YES! Now let's sweeten the deal a little.
Here is the original price of the pants.
Yes, that is almost $35.
Here is the thrift store price.
Now, I just happened to find them on a day that all items with a white tag were 50% off. For those of you that are math challenged, that would be $10 my cost.
But WAIT...it gets better. (I know you're thinking "It can get better than brand new jeans for $10? On the fist day of looking for an item you need, at the first store?" At this point I would be thinking this.)
Well I got to the counter and rang up at...
 That's right. $5. The lady that rang me up was super nice and gave me an extra discount.
 Then I went to another thrift store and they were having a huge red tag sale. Everything with a red tag was 2/$1. You had better bet I jumped all over that. The following is what I got for $9.

3 baby outfits
1 little pink dress...yeah we don't know what we're having but for 50 cents it was too good a deal to pass up and someone is going to have a girl sometime.
2 little person jackets
2 camis
1 button down shirt for Nathan
1 mens sweater
1 cute grey sweater for me
1 fitted tan blazer
1 black jersey knit dress
2 button down shirts for me
1 t-shirt
2 slips of various lengths
1 cute sundress for Kristi- also too cute to pass on
 I am still in awe of the bargain-ness. Then at the DI, Nathan found this cool mirror that he wants to pain the frame on and hang in the entryway. (Who knew...he's an in the closet DIY guy)
 And this plant...that did not photograph well but will look nice in our house.
I love deals! I am so glad Nathan understands this and doesn't laugh at me when I come home with little girl clothes because they were "just too good to pass up". Ok so maybe he laughed a little, but it was a loving laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your shopping skills are amazing. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times! I love this blog--keep writing! It's so fun to see how blessed and happy you are!
    Are you gonna announce the sex of the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Jeri! We will let everyone know the sex of the baby as soon as we know...in May. We love surprises.

    ReplyDelete